Thursday, February 2, 2017

I was flat chested for years - now I love my curves': Model JODIE KIDD reveals her essential style secrets as says she suffered from such severe anxiety at the height of her career it felt like she 'couldn't breathe Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4181944/Model-JODIE-KIDD-reveals-essential-style-secrets.html#ixzz4XVtwI4GC Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I was flat chested for years - now I love my curves': Model JODIE KIDD reveals her essential style secrets as says she suffered from such severe anxiety at the height of her career it felt like she 'couldn't breathe'

  • Rosanna Greenstreet talks to Jodie Kidd, 38, model, TV personality and mother 
  • She said: 'I felt like I couldn’t breathe, that my heart was going to jump out'
  • She reveals that canny recycling is one of her essential style secrets  
Starting today, in the first of an occasional column revealing the surprising secrets of the super stylish, Rosanna Greenstreet talks to Jodie Kidd, 38, model, TV personality and mother to Indio, five.
Your body loves – and hates?
I get my long legs from my dad, and being able to get my legs out has always been a benefit, which is why I love this gold dress.
Starting today, in the first of an occasional column revealing the surprising secrets of the super stylish, Rosanna Greenstreet talks to Jodie Kidd, 38, model
Starting today, in the first of an occasional column revealing the surprising secrets of the super stylish, Rosanna Greenstreet talks to Jodie Kidd, 38, model
What I don’t like is the mummy tummy and saggy butt — approaching 40, all those things start heading south.
It’s fantastic to have boobs finally, but I know if I really lose weight, that’s the first thing that goes. It’s a fine line between feeling womanly and curvy, having boobs and a bit of a butt, and being skinny and drawn.
Dress up or dress down?
Wearing dresses and beautiful shoes is fun, however I am a country girl at heart and I never know when I am going to get a phone call to say one of the dogs has run away so I’ve got to go here or there.
So I love good-quality clothes that are practical: a lovely pair of Paige or IDA jeans with a cashmere jumper or big chunky knit.
Wearing dresses and beautiful shoes is fun, however I am a country girl at heart and I never know when I am going to get a phone call to say one of the dogs has run away so I’ve got to go here or there
Wearing dresses and beautiful shoes is fun, however I am a country girl at heart and I never know when I am going to get a phone call to say one of the dogs has run away so I’ve got to go here or there
Gym bunny or lazy bones?
My body has changed dramatically since I stopped modelling. Having been a flat-chested catwalk model, I’m now doing extreme sporting challenges, and my body’s become a lot stronger and more muscular.
This great guy called Travis trains me if I have a challenge, focusing on the right parts of my body to enable me to achieve each goal, like climb Kilimanjaro.
Last year, I did a lot of charity cycle races: I rode my bicycle around Burma and did one of the hardest bike races, called L’Etape du Tour, so I ended up getting very strong legs.
It’s not easy to get your butt off the sofa and put those hours in at the gym, but I find exercise such a good thing for the head.
My body has changed dramatically since I stopped modelling. Having been a flat-chested catwalk model, I’m now doing extreme sporting challenges, and my body’s become a lot stronger and more muscular
My body has changed dramatically since I stopped modelling. Having been a flat-chested catwalk model, I’m now doing extreme sporting challenges, and my body’s become a lot stronger and more muscular
Nip and tuck?
I remember walking down catwalks and seeing a woman who looked like a cat in the front row who used to scare the living daylights out of us!
But surgery has come on in leaps and bounds, and each to his own.
Life is so incredible and so precious and, if you want to do something that makes you feel more confident and better in your skin, then why the hell not?
What scares you?
Twenty years ago, I suffered from anxiety. Walking down catwalks, doing press junkets and live TV were absolutely terrifying for me.
I felt like I couldn’t breathe, that my heart was going to jump out of my chest.
People didn’t understand and said ‘Pull yourself together’ or ‘Snap out of it’, which are the worst things you can say. I was prescribed beta-blockers.
But I had gone from a very active healthy childhood to just doing nothing, so I lost all my muscles from riding and became a gawky 6 ft 2 in skinny girl walking a million catwalks.
I found it difficult to eat because I was so anxious and panicked, and then I was in a spiral because I was getting more jobs and becoming even more anxious. In the end, I had to walk away: I gave up modelling and moved to the country and grew flowers.
I had to remove all the factors that put me in that state, but it stopped my career for a long time.
Now I understand anxiety and what’s going on, but for years, I thought I was going to have a heart attack and die.
If I get to the point where I am suffering, I change my mindset and go on a walk, do a run or get on a bicycle and that really helps. I find healthy body, healthy mind.

JODIE'S TOP 5 STYLE SECRETS...

1. Canny recycling: dresses that you have spent a lot of money on can come out year after year — I’ll jazz up an old favourite in a new way by wearing different accessories.
2. Beautiful heels give you a lovely shape, but choose the heel height carefully. I am so bloomin’ tall already! I have the most gorgeous Jimmy Choos, but I’m 6 ft 6 in when I wear them, so I tend to wear a kitten heel!
3. I cannot leave home without face oil from an English company called Romilly Wilde, especially in this cold weather.
4. Keep things simple. In the country, I don’t wear make-up but, if I am getting dressed up, I put on Charlotte Tilbury mascara and Estee Lauder BB cream, which has sun protection as well as giving gentle cover, followed by bronzer. I’ll straighten my hair or, if it’s well conditioned — Kerastase do good strengthening shampoos and treatments —I’ll leave it to dry naturally so it’s wavy.
5. Neutrals are more flattering. In the early Nineties, I went through a wacky stage of wearing crazy acid house colours. So there are a few pictures of me that I look at and say: ‘Oh dear.’ Now, I wear browns, blacks and blues — nothing too mad.
Signature scent?
I absolutely adore Serge Lutens Fleurs d’Oranger.
Feast or famine?
I try to keep an eye on what I put in my body. I’m really into my spices, and my favourite thing at the moment is sweet potato curry. What I eat depends on what challenges I’m doing.
If I am going to do a five or six-hour cycle where I am going to be burning 3,000 to 4,000 calories then, my God, I am going to be tucking into a massive bowl of carbonara! I’ve loved cooking ever since I did MasterChef. I cook from scratch; I enjoy food so much and that’s transferred to Indi, who is a fantastic eater and has never really eaten packaged food.
We grow all our own veg, so he helps me plant the seeds at the beginning of the year — we’ve just put in our scarlet runners.
He loves to pull up a carrot and chew on it as we walk around the garden. When we get in from school, I ask: ‘What do you want to eat?’
If it’s fish fingers and chips, we’ll dig up potatoes, then I’ll make my own fish fingers.
We have chickens so, if he wants a dippy egg, we’ll go and get one.
I try to keep an eye on what I put in my body. I’m really into my spices, and my favourite thing at the moment is sweet potato curry
I try to keep an eye on what I put in my body. I’m really into my spices, and my favourite thing at the moment is sweet potato curry
What’s in your handbag?
A Botanic Lab health drink, a little notepad, tissues, Caitlyn Jenner Mac lip gloss. Crème de la Mer lip balm, an Anker charger because my iPhone’s constantly dying and Indi’s little Thomas The Tank Engine.
Wardrobe treasure?
A beautiful pair of trousers that Karl Lagerfeld made for me, though I haven’t been able to fit into them for quite a while.
They are buckskin and absolutely beautiful and they are cut for, well, what was my body!
They remind me of a time when I was working exclusively for Karl modelling for the Chloe, Karl Lagerfeld and Chanel campaigns. We had an awful lot of fun.
Guilty pleasures?
Wine. Red wine — actually, white wine just as much! I love wine, I really do. And when you are trying to tone up, it’s lethal! The amount of sugar in it! Oh God! I put my son to bed, cook dinner and have a big glass of wine. That’s my chill out at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pragya Jaiswal is making temperatures soar with her glamorous avatar

Actress Pragya Jaiswal is teasing fans with her pictures. Pragya, who is a known face in Telugu film industry, has undergone a major tran...

A